Friday, June 3, 2016

This is an interesting innovation snorkel mask - not an easy review - too many things to consider. I was very excited to try this snorkel out - the design was intriguing and promising to bring lots of fun and enjoyment. First time I decided to try it was at the reef in the beautiful waters of Florida Keys. I have a medium to small face/head. I put the mask on and tried to breathe as I was almost ready to get in the water, only to realize that no air was getting in or out. I had to get out of the water quickly as I couldn't get the mask to work at all. I have since tried to figure out a way to make it work several times in waist deep water, and even with me manually pushing the valve to open to let the air flow into the mask it kept closing without a clear pattern. The water kept seeping in and there's no way to clear the mask and it gets into the breathing area and it's impossible to avoid it. Conclusion: this mask is not safe to give to a child or anyone to use. I'm an avid snorkeler and I swallowed a bunch of water trying to get this mask to work. The design is flawed which is unfortunate, I was really looking forward to using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment