Tuesday, October 13, 2015

#R'stoyours Nut milk bag

This bag is made out of material that is quite soft and easy to use and clean. The corners are rounded so it's very easy to rinse out. i sometimes make homemade nut milk (almond and cashew milks are my favorites) and it is always a special treat. My first time making almond milk involved using a cheesecloth, it was a complete disaster - tiny pieces of almonds everywhere. That's when I searched for a better solution and found out about the nut milk bags. This bag is not too big. I use a high powered blender to grind the almonds with water, which makes for a very fine pulp residue. This in turn makes it a challenge for ANY nut milk bag to remove 100% of this very fine residue. I have found a solution by making it a 2-step process and using a non-bleached paper coffee filter to strain the milk once it goes through the nut milk bag. This second step removes the fine powdery residue which turns the gritty milk into a phenomenally smooth and tasty milk good enough to put into your morning cup of coffee or to drink as a beverage. I am giving this bag 4 stars because as far as mesh nut milk bags go, this one is just as good as some of the others I’ve had in the past. However, I’ve used ones with tighter mesh, and they did a slightly better job at filtering the fine almond pulp even though some of it was still getting through. However, the cleaning was much harder and took longer in the stiffer mesh bags. This bag cleans out very quick and easy because the material is more flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment