Wednesday, October 14, 2015

#waterflosser - make sure to start off on the "Soft" setting and side gums to adjust to the pressure

Every time I went for my teeth cleaning, i was told to buy a waterflosser and use it daily. I planned on doing it, but never did. I was excited to test it out, and I wish I taped my first attempt to use it because i literally was blown away by this little device's powerful water stream. I took it out of the box and plugged it in to charge overnight. I filled the water tank with room temperature water out of the faucet, stood in front of the mirror - all of the above you're supposed to do, but not the next part that follows; pointed it at my top front gums and pressed the "On" button with the "Normal" selection. I guess I didn't expect for the water stream to come out so power charged out of a cordless device, but it did. I was shocked and instead of pressing the "Off" button, i tried to turn the water floss tip away from my mouth, and it continued to spray me in the face, then all over the mirror and bathroom walls. it was a good few seconds before I finally turned it off and assessed the damage. My top gums were bleeding profusely. I was mad at myself for not reading the instructions and not trying the "soft" mode first. I wiped the water off, waited for my top gums to stop bleeding and decided to try a different approach. I remembered that my dentist always told me that the front top teeth are the most sensitive, so of course it wasn't a good idea to start there. I pointed the water pik at the spot between my lower side teeth, made sure it was on "Soft" setting, braced myself and turned the flosser on. I was pleasantly surprised that #1. It didn't hurt at all, #2. it felt kinda good, #3. my gums weren't bleeding, #4. I felt it dislodge tiny particles of food stuck between my teeth even after I brushed. At that point I was feeling brave and slowly moved the pic along the gum line - no pain, just a pleasant vibrating sensation. Wow, I was happy I stuck with it and read the instructions. This is now a part of my bedtime routine - my teeth and gums feel stronger and cleaner. It is so easy to operate once you get used to it. I take out the water chamber and refill it several times throughout one cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment